Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any cost for the CPA match?
No. The CPA pays for the match. The Marketplace is free to business owners.
Do any of the CPAs on the platform work on-site?
Very rarely. Given the national footprint and extensive effort it takes to find a professional that is within driving distance to your office, we have chosen to only match to virtual CPAs. Also, the reason we attract such high quality talent, is that we offer them flexibility and ability to work from home. If we are able to match you with a local accountant, some CPAs will arrange a face-to-face meeting. Please note: all of the services are delivered virtually, so the overhead savings are passed to you.
Will the CPA I am matched with be an expert in my industry?
We do our very best to match you with a professional with your industry expertise; however, depending on your stage of business, accounting can be universal in many industries. For example, if you are an acupuncturist, you don't need a CPA that has experience with the acupuncture, but rather someone with experience working with professional service providers. All of our Marketplace CPAs can work with any professional service provider. There are a few specialty industries with unique needs like real estate investors, construction, interior design firms, manufacturing, retail, restaurant, 501(c)3, eCommerce and a few others that we will ensure that you are matched with an expert in that industry.
What accounting software will my CPA use?
CPA MOMS® has invested heavily in the research and use of the latest cloud-based technology, and specialize in supporting CPAs in the custom selection, integration and migration of systems for optimum performance and efficiency. The CPAs support any variety of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, Xero or Wave that make the most sense for your business, along with dozens of cloud-based business plug-in modules for ecommerce, billing, time tracking, invoicing, payroll, CRM, marketing, inventory management, property management and more…There are a few software platforms that are not supported because they are not designed for businesses like Mint. Many entrepreneurs use their merchant platform as an accounting system. Due to specific procedures performed to ensure accuracy of your data, the CPAs will always use a professional accounting software which is integrated with your chosen merchant. If you are ready to leverage technology in your business and want more freedom from paper, manual billing, invoicing, banking and save countless hours each year on unnecessary bookkeeping, ask your CPA for recommendations to streamline your business.
Do you have bookkeepers or only licensed CPAs?
For your bookkeeping needs, our Bookkeeper Moms™ division provides bookkeeping services with highly screened professionals that start as low as $195 per quarter. In many cases, the CPAs provide bookkeeping services at affordable prices. Though we long resisted having unlicensed bookkeepers on our team, we listened and designed one of the most rigorous bookkeeping screening processes in the market. Unlike QuickBooks Pro Advisors (which only require that you pass a multiple choice test), our bookkeepers are required to pass a live QuickBooks observation, technical test and extensive interview. Only 10% of the bookkeeping applicants make it through our screening to become part of our team. The scary part is the remaining 90% who are not sufficiently qualified bookkeepers are out there serving entrepreneurs just like you. Most of our bookkeepers are on track to becoming licensed CPAs and have met the education requirements, and/or experience requirements, and/or have passed part of all of the CPA exam.